What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim involves filing a claim for compensation because of injuries that are due to the actions or inactions of another person(s) or entity(ies). When CHEN Law takes on a personal injury matter, we evaluate a number of distinct factors, especially whether there was a duty violated which could have prevented you from being injured. If you feel that you have been injured because of another person, we want to hear your claim. There are many different types of personal injury claims. Visit our personal injury page for a list of a few of the main personal injury claims we can handle.
What should I do in an accident?
If you are injured to no fault of your own, contact CHEN Law immediately to assess what you may be entitled to for compensation in the event your injuries are due to someone needlessly creating an environment that led to your injuries. Consider following these procedures in the event you are in a motor vehicle accident:
- STOP, at a safe location to limit obstructing the flow of traffic, if you can. FAILING TO STOP CAN LEAD TO CRIMINAL CHARGES
- Make sure that you and everyone else is safe and secure. If necessary render aid, if you are capable and qualified.
- Use warning flares to warn oncoming traffic to avoid any additional injury, if possible.
- Contact 911 immediately if there are serious or life threatening injuries.
- If you are uncertain of your safety and health, seek medical transport.
- Provide as much information you remember to the police. If you have a mobile phone device capable of taking pictures, make sure you take as many pictures of the scene, witnesses and parties and damages to vehicle and property.
- If you can record yourself, do so and record what you remember as close to the time of the accident as possible, describing all events as they transpire.
- Do not share your recording with anyone until you have spoken with your lawyer.
- Do not admit fault, you don’t know if the other driver was negligent.
- See a medical practitioner if there is the slightest possibility that you are injured.
- Inform your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible to make sure that you don’t violate the terms of your policy.
- Consult with your lawyer and do not provide statements until you have discussed with your lawyer.
What is Business Law?
There are so many laws governing how businesses operate from a federal, state and local level. Business law encompasses many of the laws that affect how you operate your business. Whether it’s the formation or structure of your business, developing your product or idea, and even the hiring of employees, business laws affects your business. Business laws apply to your business whether you’re a home-based business or a multi-national corporation. The rules may apply differently but there are many that effect how you operate.
CHEN Law, LLC can help you identify some of the tough legal issues that your business faces. We work with a number of law firms that may be able to assist you with your business law matters that when we can’t.
What is a Virtual General Counsel?
You have a business in need of regular and continuous legal services. Although the legal issues are ongoing, they may be sporadic. A virtual general counsel, helps you assess your legal risks and identify ways to minimize the risks. CHEN Law, LLC can help identify what services are necessary for your business and either offer assistance or identify the right counsel for your legal needs.